Incremental backup producing a Full randomly.

Questions about Cobian Reflector
clebergf

Incremental backup producing a Full randomly.

Post by clebergf »

I've been using Cobian Reflector for some time and congratulations on the software.
I currently have version 1.1.2 installed with the following situation.
I have two separate tasks, one for full backup and one for incremental backups. FULL runs on Friday and incremental runs from Monday to Thursday.
It happens that sometimes in a random way (difficult to predict) the Monday backup (Incremental) is made entirely of all files, ignoring that its configuration was just to copy what was changed.
I tried to additionally run a script to always clear the "a" attribute after the previous backup, but inevitably at some point where it was supposed to be incremental a full backup will be made.
As auxiliary information in the advanced settings of the task (incremental) I marked "Include backup type in the name", so the generated folder, for example, named "ABC 2024-03-05 07;13;57 (Incremental)" that should have its content relative to an incremental backup, incorrectly has the contents of a full backup.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Incremental backup producing a Full randomly.

Post by cobian »

The history is used to count the current number of backups since the last one. If for some reason a backup was empty (without files) or something else happened, then this number method will not give the expected results. Solution: use one FIXED day for full backups in your options.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator