Suggestion for Reflector

Questions about Cobian Reflector
BobbyJ

Suggestion for Reflector

Post by BobbyJ »

Im still using Gravity 11 because I was unable to get reflector to work as well using a Filezilla server.

Maybe you have already done this, I gave up over a year ago and went back to Gravity 11.

Maybe make a step by step guide on
- Setting up a FPT server (That has been tested to work with reflector)
- A guide to the exact settings needed on reflector to automating zipping a folder of various file types. That is how I use Filezilla + Cobain
I know my settings that worked for client and server. I don't remember all of them so I wrote it all down. IT would would with anyone computer.

With Reflector I was struggling to duplicate my automation. Cobain was soooo good I still use it. It just needs some updates on FTP protocols and a easy to use ftp server like file zilla.

If I had a step by step guide for both server and client I would try again. Last time it was futile getting it to work for me.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion for Reflector

Post by cobian »

Agree. Filezilla can be a pain in many ways. I hope for some update some time in the future.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
BobbyJ

Post by BobbyJ »

I am guessing not many people use FTP feature of the Reflector or Gravity 11. Do most of them use local backups to say share or USB HD?

I use it to send a 20GB database home via SFTP.

1. Zips all the files and saves x.zip then auto connects to my offsite FTP server and sends the file. It works flawless for the most part
Gravity + Filezilla work good enough for this. I would like to use tls 1.3

2. Reflector + ??? FTP server work together well?

I might be a low percentage user so I understand if my wants are way down the list of todos for you.

You could make a FTP server too! Make it as simply as possible just enough to automate Point A to B automatic FTP transfers. Then you have the complete package plug n play ready to go.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Reflector 2 doesn't work well will filezilla. 3 will do (and maybe with a little luck) support 1.3.

With that sais, I wonder why people are still using FTP year 2024 when SFTP can be so easily used. Oh well...
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator