Couple of questions and observations from a new user

Questions about Cobian Reflector
denis1304

Couple of questions and observations from a new user

Post by denis1304 »

Hello.

Just started using the program and have some questions:
1. If I have multiple backups and want them to save on different locations, do I have to set multiple jobs, or can this be done with one job? (multiple sources, each to different location)
2. If I create multiple jobs, how do I make sure, they will start one after the other? I would like last job to have "hibernate" event post-backup, to stop the PC. (I don't want PC to hibernate before all the jobs are done, since it takes different amount of time to do full backup and incremental backup.)

Observation:
1. I noticed that the PC went to hibernate before it was able to send email with the log. Error message "An error occurred while sending the log files: The established connection was interrupted by a program in the host"
2. Part of the error messages are in English, and in my native language. Original message from 1st point is "An error occurred while sending the log files: Vzpostavljeno povezavo je prekinil program v gostitelju"

Thanks
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Couple of questions and observations from a new user

Post by cobian »

1- It depends but using only one task is often the best way.

2- Execute only the first task and set the second to manual (not scheduled). Then start the second one with a post-backuo event.

1- Set the mail to be send "when the task is done" and not "When a task set is done". You will get one mail per task but it will work with hibernation.

2- The language files you are using is perhaps incomplete. Only English, Spanish and Swedish are guranteed to be complete (done by me). You can contribute by completing the language you are using and submitting it to me.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
denis1304

Post by denis1304 »

So I have 3 tasks.
Now, the 1st task is set to start on a time of a day, 2nd task is set to start from "event" after 1st task is completed, and 3rd task is set to start from "event" after 2nd task is completed.
Hibernate is set to "start" from "event" at the end of 3rd task.

That should be OK. Do you agree?

Observation:
When I used event "Shutdown the computer", my PC didn't shutdown and I wasn't able to wake it up. I had to use the reset button to restart PC. I use Windows 7 if it makes a difference.

TY
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Yes that will be fine.

Is the program running as a service or as an application?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
denis1304

Post by denis1304 »

As an application since I was having trouble to make Cobian Backup 11 version run as service. I was able to map the network destination, but backup task was not able to save to it, so I installed Reflector version as an app and it works now.

Possible improvement... Can you add an option for a popup with countdown before a task starts, so we can pause/snooze/stop the start of the task?

TY
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Sometimes (not always) an application needto be run elevated in order to make restart possible. Just a theory
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
denis1304

Post by denis1304 »

How do I set this application to run elevated if app is set to run at Windows startup?

TY
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Perhaps not a good idea. You will need to approve the elevation everytime on the startup.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator