Menus not active

Questions about Cobian Reflector
aferrara

Menus not active

Post by aferrara »

I recently installed Combian Reflector and I find it very interesting. However I noticed that some configuration entries are blocked. For example, I can't configure email or even set the number of backup copies to keep. Is there a way to unlock these options?
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Menus not active

Post by cobian »

Thoise options are disabled if you don't enable Mail log file.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
aferrara

Post by aferrara »

Actually, now I can configure the mail, but the box to set the number of incremental backup copies is not yet active
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

There is not such a thing. You can limit the number of differential backups but not incremental.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
aferrara

Post by aferrara »

What is the difference between incremental backups and differential backups?
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

From the help file:

Incremental - The program will check if the source has been changed from the last backup. If there is no need to copy the file, it will be skipped, saving backup time. The incremental procedure checks the Archive bit attribute of the file. You may want to manually reset the attribute to force a full backup: use the "Set the archive attributes" on the Task menu.

Differential: The program will check if the source has been changed from the last FULL backup. If there is no need to copy the file, it will be skipped, saving backup time. The differential procedure checks the Archive bit attribute of the file. You may want to manually reset the attribute to force a full backup: use the "Set the archive attributes" on the Task menu.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator