Task Specific LogFiles

Questions about Cobian Reflector
Boonew

Task Specific LogFiles

Post by Boonew »

Hi, again thank you for a fantastic product.

I am trying to replace a backup solution (Copiaris) with Cobian. I'm almost there..
The UI Ease of use - Check
Scheduling Options - Check
Run pre-post tasks - Check
Email Notifications - Check
Email Task specific Logfile - ??

So I understand that the System needs to track what happens when and how. But would it be possible to create a "temp" logfile for the current task, that if there is an error a truncated Logfile with the current Task information can be sent, and not the logfile for the day with all other task information?
I'll be creating about 30 scheduled daily tasks, and would want an email notification on task failure/error with "detailed" info (Time of file copy, source, destination, error type) I have this option with the other software, but it's general UI and setup is poop...

This logile could be an embedded txt in the email or attachment.

thanks.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Task Specific LogFiles

Post by cobian »

You could set the log levelk to Errors only.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Boonew

Post by Boonew »

Ok will try this, having an issue with some SQL Backups, a soon as I get my head above the flood, I'll let you know.

Tnx Luis for a fantastic product.
Boonew

Post by Boonew »

Ok so I've had a couple days to test this out.

The problem we have is I have multiple jobs running and need to run within a tight timeframe. I have included the TaskScheduler which we have to use with our "other" product and am trying to replicate with cobian.

The problem I've picked up is if one of the jobs fail, that failed message is populated to other tasks.

E.g Task MPDFTAC01
Email header: TASK MPDFTAC01, executed on 2024-05-01 01;15;39, had 1 errors.
Email content: This is an automatic mail message from Cobian Reflector. You will find the log files below this text.
Cobian Reflector 2024-04-30.txt
Cobian Reflector 2024-05-01.txt
ERR 2024-05-01 01:15:29 The manual source "\\MPEFTAC01\MPEFTAC01" was not found.
(this should only be in the next task)

E.g Task MPEFTAC01
Email header: TASK MPEFTAC01, executed on 2024-05-01 01;15;40, had 1 errors.
Email content: This is an automatic mail message from Cobian Reflector. You will find the log files below this text.
Cobian Reflector 2024-04-30.txt
Cobian Reflector 2024-05-01.txt
ERR 2024-05-01 01:15:29 The manual source "\\MPEFTAC01\MPEFTAC01" was not found.

So it would be beneficial if there was a global application log and then individual logs per task, and on task failure/error that specific log could be embedded or the contents of the log extracted into the email ie sans attachment.

I then use Email rules in our exchange server to notify us on failed tasks for expiditing.
Attachments
Cobian.png
Cobian.png (61.7 KiB) Viewed 41 times
TaskScheduler.png
TaskScheduler.png (19.88 KiB) Viewed 41 times
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

You could set the mail to be logged "When a TASK is done", and not "When a task SET is done", That way only the errors that belong to one task will be logged. The negative impact pof this settings is that you will receive more mails (one for every task)
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Boonew

Post by Boonew »

That is what I have done..
Attachments
Log.png
Log.png (60.76 KiB) Viewed 37 times