Scheduled Task Time vs Sequential Tasks

Questions about Cobian Reflector
Boonew

Scheduled Task Time vs Sequential Tasks

Post by Boonew »

Hi Louis, hope all is well.

I'd like to know does Reflector run multiple jobs as per Scheduled time, or Sequntialy on completion of each task.
It appears that our jobs are run in the sequence they are listed but if I schedule them at 5min increments they only kick off once the previous task completes.

In our environment (24Hr Production) we try schedule network intensive transactions when the LAN is "quiet", but some of these jobs start running into shift change.. if the previous tasks take longer then expected.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Scheduled Task Time vs Sequential Tasks

Post by cobian »

Yes, that's to be expected. I'm planning for the next version to execute some task in parallel, but my fear is that if the user abuse this feature, it could be a real bottleneck if reading/writing in parallel from ot to the same disc.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Boonew

Post by Boonew »

That would be fantastic, I think if there's a global setting in the app that one could force the app to either run Sequentially or by Schedule and there you can display the consequences.

Then the tasks will run as required. I guess most folks use the application locally to their machines, and then there are other folks... :-D

..waiting in anticipation for this feature.. :APP
ira

Post by ira »

When I run a backup with multiple destinations, running the copies in parallel would be awesome. Especially on a differential or incremental as it would not have to iterate the source multiple times to find the few files that need backing up.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

:OK
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator