How can I execute a "Post Event": "ONLY if backup HAS SUCCESSFUL"; or if "ONLY IF YOU HAVE HAD MINOR ERRORS or CRITICAL"

Questions about Cobian Reflector
streik

How can I execute a "Post Event": "ONLY if backup HAS SUCCESSFUL"; or if "ONLY IF YOU HAVE HAD MINOR ERRORS or CRITICAL"

Post by streik »

How can I execute a ‘Post Event’: ‘ONLY if the backup has been SUCCESSFULLY DONE’; And how can I execute a ‘Post Event’, ‘ONLY if the backup HAS HAD ONE OR SEVERAL MINOR OR CRITICAL ERRORS.

Ideally, in the opening dialog box, it would allow two more options: "Execute if the backup was successful", and another: "execute if the backup was not successful".
cobian
Site Admin

Re: How can I execute a "Post Event": "ONLY if backup HAS SUCCESSFUL"; or if "ONLY IF YOU HAVE HAD MINOR ERRORS or CRITI

Post by cobian »

There is no sure way as far as I know.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
ira

Re: How can I execute a "Post Event": "ONLY if backup HAS SUCCESSFUL"; or if "ONLY IF YOU HAVE HAD MINOR ERRORS or CRITI

Post by ira »

Potentially, if you look at the last few lines of the last log file you can tell the result of the last backup and make a decision based on that. It would require adding a post backup even and writing some code to check the status and then return an errorlevel for Reflector to check. Luis probably has a better idea what information is in the log when a post backup event is called and if it has a chance of working.
streik

Post by streik »

I think it is essential, if the backup has been correct, to be able to execute some things in post events, but it is also very important to be able to execute other things if the Backup has had an error. If we go all out, the really super ideal thing I need is, in addition, also being able to pass the error code in a parameter variable, to a post event script. That would be very, very good..
streik

Post by streik »

I think this has a lot of potential, and the program itself should be able to do it easily, in the post-events option itself.
It is important that, if the backup went well, it can execute some things, and if it went wrong, it can execute others. What less than this.

--------

Creo que esto tiene mucho potencial y el propio programa debería poder hacerlo fácilmente, en la propia opción de post-eventos.
Es importante que, si la copia de seguridad ha salido bien, pueda ejecutar unas cosas, y si ha salido mal, pueda ejecutar otras. Que menos que esto.
:APP :OK
--------
tetsu

Post by tetsu »

streik wrote: 17 Jul 2024, 11:24 I think this has a lot of potential, and the program itself should be able to do it easily, in the post-events option itself.
It is important that, if the backup went well, it can execute some things, and if it went wrong, it can execute others. What less than this.

--------

Creo que esto tiene mucho potencial y el propio programa debería poder hacerlo fácilmente, en la propia opción de post-eventos.
Es importante que, si la copia de seguridad ha salido bien, pueda ejecutar unas cosas, y si ha salido mal, pueda ejecutar otras. Que menos que esto.
:APP :OK
--------
Lee este artículo ;)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2513