Cryptomator Drives

Questions about Cobian Reflector
cmon

Cryptomator Drives

Post by cmon »

Hi,

I found that both Cobian Backup and now still Cobian Reflector refuse to backup files to a folder in a (dynamic?) drive created by Cryptomator.
The source files and the destination Cryptomator folder are both on my local hard drive.
Unfortunately, I have to use another backup-app for such a task at the moment, since it works with that other app.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Cryptomator Drives

Post by cobian »

Thank you for your report. I've never used Cryptomator but my **guess** is that you are running the program as a service . You need to run it as an application in order for this to work. It's only a guess but a pretty sure one.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
cmon

Post by cmon »

Thank you for replying.
I was indeed running it as a service. Now, I tried it as application but to no avail.
The problem seems to be that when I select the Cryptomator folder as a destination folder, then the path to that folder is not stored.
In the destination area it shows only the name of the folder itself, but no path.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

I'll take a look at this.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Just tested. Works for me. Files are copied to the cryptomator drive E:\
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (214.14 KiB) Viewed 2422 times
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
cmon

Post by cmon »

Thank you for trying.
That certainly is weird.
Well, then I will have to keep using that other backup app for this particular task.
No big problem. Thank you again.
cmon

Post by cmon »

One more question:
You are probably running Windows 10? Right?
I am asking because Cryptomator's minimum requirement is Win 10.
I am running Win 8.1 and installed Cryptomator with a warning message. Generally it works fine, but maybe that is finally one disadvantage that surfaced now?

Off Topic:
What is the sender e-mail address under which the forum sends e-mail notifications?
Is it something@cobiansoft.com? I am asking because I do not get any notifications in the mail and would like to try to add it to the white list of the mail service provider's spam filter. Thank you in advance.