Opening Cobian Reflector User Interface crashing

Questions about Cobian Reflector
acerot

Re: Opening Cobian Reflector User Interface crashing

Post by acerot »

Sorry for a late reply. Deleting the provided folder has helped in my case.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Great!

Now could you take the files back from the recycle bin (if you still has them), zip them and send them to me? I'd like to see what kind of misconfiguration was causing this issue.

Thanks
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
acerot

Post by acerot »

Sorry, I can't as I am crazy about using SHIFT-DEL :oops: I'll do if it happens next time.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

No problem :)
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
AxeR

Post by AxeR »

I'm also sorry for the late reply but yesterday my city was experiencing blackouts due to bad weather.

Deleting the folder solved my issue too, but I don't have any old config files since I'm also crazy about using SHIFT-DEL.

I'll try to see if I could recover them.

For now thanks for your amazing support!

EDIT: I've found an old dir but I'm not sure if it's the one that was causing the issue. If there aren't any sensible data I'll attach the 7z file
Last edited by AxeR on 05 Oct 2021, 09:25, edited 2 times in total.
gvd

Post by gvd »

I had the same problem and I SHIFT-DEL the directory before reading the end of the thread :-(.

Here is what I did :
- Install CReflector
- Import from CBackup
- (Disable the tasks as I still have CBackup running)
- Uninstall to solve access problems to my network shares REQUESTING TO REMOVE ALL DATA.
- Reinstall CReflector

From there my UI crashes every time I try to start it.

:?: Could it be possible that the file "Cobian Reflector - Last Task.ini" in %LOCALAPPDATA%\CobianSoft\Cobian Reflector contains pointers to non existing elements ? "Last task" I ran was imported from CBackup and removed at uninstall but the file telling what was the last task run still existed when I tried to start the UI.

Maybe, you should remove that directory too when uninstall is requested to remove all data.

By the way, I am using Cobian Backup :D and I have a backup of the three files in that directory before I erased them :lol: .

One last thing : once I had removed the directory and started the UI, I could stop it, replace the files in that directory with the backups CBackup had done yesterday and start the UI without problem.

By the way, Luis, your work is incredible and I am using CBackup daily since Black Moon. It saved me and many people I advise (colleagues and family) days of hard labour. Thanks for that.
Attachments
Cobian Reflector.zip
content of %LOCALAPPDATA%\CobianSoft\Cobian Reflector
(6.8 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Gabriel
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Than you for the info. I'll take a look at the files. Last task should not be the cause here. It is only accessed when creating a new task. The program is crashing at the start, so it should be UISettings or Positions which are accessed when the UI is launched.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
AxeR

Post by AxeR »

AxeR wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 08:53 I'm also sorry for the late reply but yesterday my city was experiencing blackouts due to bad weather.

Deleting the folder solved my issue too, but I don't have any old config files since I'm also crazy about using SHIFT-DEL.

I'll try to see if I could recover them.

For now thanks for your amazing support!

EDIT: I've found an old dir but I'm not sure if it's the one that was causing the issue. If there aren't any sensible data I'll attach the 7z file
Attachments
CobianSoft.7z
(896 Bytes) Downloaded 149 times
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Thanks!

I found some strange value in the Positions ini:

Properties column 1=-2147483648

This is the width of the second column of the task list... Shouldn't be negative. Hmm...

In gvd's case everything seems normal.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

I have now added a piece of code which checks the sanity of the file. If it finds some problems, a new one with the default settings is created and loaded. Should fix this.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator