Backup logical units ?

Questions about Cobian Reflector
pnoir

Backup logical units ?

Post by pnoir »

Hello,

Thank you for upgrading Cobian Backup which has been a very good backup software, and I have tested a lot of it (I still use it on Windows 10).

There was a lot missing in Cobian Backup: in Reflector, is it possible to save logical drives (not C: D: ...) like the names used in a smartphone for example, 'Card', 'SD Card', 'Internal' . If not, actually, it is not easy to back up data from a smartphone, and that is a shame, as there is very little PC software available to do this easily.

Thank you.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Backup logical units ?

Post by cobian »

Hello!

I have not tested. Will do.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
pnoir

Post by pnoir »

Hello,

For information, when it is connected to the PC, the smartphone does not appear in the "Select a directory" window of "New Task", although it is present in Windows Explorer.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

I use the standard Windows open dialog... There can files and directories be selected. I really don't know how to handle those. Some of those devices install a driver to handle the files in a special way....Don't think I can handle every bit of available device...
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
pnoir

Post by pnoir »

It would be a shame not to be able to manage these logical units, because backing up your smartphone or tablet is very important