Impersonate Not Working?

Questions about Cobian Reflector
Synapsis

Impersonate Not Working?

Post by Synapsis »

First just want to say thanks for the app.

I tried to access my NAS for the backups like I do with Cobian Backup but for some reason it say user or password are wrong.
ERR 2021-10-06 11:21:14 The user Garlando\Steve could not log in: Nome utente o password non corretta (error is in Italian)
I tried to do a local copy from disk C to D and it works fine.
I know the user and password are correct, is there a log file other than the one where I get the message to see exactly what it doesn't like?
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Impersonate Not Working?

Post by cobian »

I'll take a look at this today.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Synapsis

Post by Synapsis »

Hi
Ok Update:
I had installed as a Service and nothing would work even if when creating task I could see the NAS.
I checked the MainList.lst and I saw that the password wasn't correct so I put it in manually .
I restarted the Services and it go mad giving the error
ERR 2021-10-07 11:57:37 An error has occurred in the pipe connection: Riferimento a una stringa non impostato su un'istanza di stringa.
Nome parametro: s. over and over.
So I disinstalled and instead of putting as a services I put in as an application for all users. (I checked to clear my data but when I went back in and created the new Task it had still te information I had used before so it doesn't clear all info)

Anyway I tried a New Task without impersonation and it worked all copied but I got an error:
ERR 2021-10-07 12:04:00 The safe mirror directory doesn't exist or cannot be accessed.

I Itried impersonate but it still does not work.

Important is when installed as a service it would say:
2021-10-07 12:10:26 Starting the copy. The user running the task is: System

No installed as an application It says:
2021-10-07 12:10:26 Starting the copy. The user running the task is: Steve
Which it correct.

Hope this helps.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Thank you for the information:

* A service under LocalSystem won't even see the NAS. You need to run the service as a normal user or use impersonation. Or run the program as an application.
* An error has occurred in the pipe connection: Riferimento a una stringa non impostato su un'istanza di stringa. This is already fixed for the next version
* The new task info is never deleted because any user can have a copy of it. This is information per user , not system information- I'll see if it's possible to delete this for all users.
* The safe mirror directory doesn't exist or cannot be accessed. It is saying that you should check the permissions to that directory

Thanks .
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
Synapsis

Post by Synapsis »

Thanks a lot for the info, only one thing is when I used service I tried "use impersonation" but it still gave an error.
But using it as an application will do good for me. :) :)