FTP server communication

Questions about Cobian Reflector
alexandrecps

Re: FTP server communication

Post by alexandrecps »

I'm not using the default port, I changed it to 2027.
alexandrecps

Post by alexandrecps »

alexandrecps

Post by alexandrecps »

cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

I'm talking about the data port, not the connexion port. Can you see somehow what data port is being used?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
alexandrecps

Post by alexandrecps »

FileZilla Server is configured in passive mode, I'm using the IP range between 50000 and 50100. How do I see which port is being used for data?

Does https://ftptest.net/ display the information you need to know? I can send you the LOG it generates.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

The client should use passive mode as well. Anyway, for the next version I will have a Test button on the FTP connection with advanced logging. That should give you more information.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
alexandrecps

Post by alexandrecps »

Our this connection test with advanced registration helped a lot. Through the advanced records I managed to do more detailed research and found that the problem was in Filezilla Server, I had to uncheck the option "Require TLS session resumption on data connection when using PROT P". The strange thing is that in the legacy Gravity version, it works with this option enabled.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Aha! Great. I'm using a new more modern library now that has some other defaults, so that explains the change. Filezilla server does not support the extended master secret feature in TLS. This feature makes connections more secure and is supported by the client. The old version used the less secure protocol.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
alexandrecps

Post by alexandrecps »

Cobian,
Thank you very much for your attention and help. Congratulations for your work.
BobbyJ

Post by BobbyJ »

alexandrecps wrote: 21 Oct 2021, 20:58 Our this connection test with advanced registration helped a lot. Through the advanced records I managed to do more detailed research and found that the problem was in Filezilla Server, I had to uncheck the option "Require TLS session resumption on data connection when using PROT P". The strange thing is that in the legacy Gravity version, it works with this option enabled.
Thanks for that fix. I was pulling my hair out as I too use Cobain Gravity and it works well FTPs with filezille using port 21 and passive range of 50-51k. But its only TSL 1.0. The new one is TLS 1.2.

I tried to get SFTP working with filezilla but failed with command not recognized errors. Have you had any luck with SFTP? I wanted to see how much slower it was. Right now I get around 10-14 MB/sec transfer over Gigabit fiber to home. I get around 80 MB/sec off the same server running Nextcloud on a VM. MB = MegaBytes not bits.