Feature request: use MOVE instead of COPY if temp archive in the same drive as destination

Questions about Cobian Reflector
acerot

Feature request: use MOVE instead of COPY if temp archive in the same drive as destination

Post by acerot »

Just noticed that when the backup task archive DESTINATION folder is on the same drive as the program TEMP folder after the temporary ZIP is created the program is not using the MOVE operation but still the COPY operation - which requires double free disk space on the drive. Could you check if the TEMP and DESTINATION drive are the same and if so use the MOVE operation instead of COPY? Thx.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Feature request: use MOVE instead of COPY if temp archive in the same drive as destination

Post by cobian »

The reason for this is that, if there are several destinations the same file must be copied from the same place... But I guess something can be done in the logic of the program. Thanks.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
acerot

Re: Feature request: use MOVE instead of COPY if temp archive in the same drive as destination

Post by acerot »

Oh, I see. Nevertheless, I guess the "one destination" scenario is used by people quite often so maybe test if this is the case and if so (and the same drive) then use MOVE otherwise use COPY. Not fully perfect but for me completely sufficient logic 😉
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Yes.. I'll see what can be done.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator