95GB backup taking over 13 hours?

Questions about Cobian Reflector
invaliduses

95GB backup taking over 13 hours?

Post by invaliduses »

I'm trying to figure out if this is normal for Cobian (Reflector). I was on Acronis True Image for the free trial, and the backup process didn't take very long. I'm just not interested in their subscription model, so I decided to try out Cobian Reflector.

I'm backing up a 250GB SSD drive (but only 95GB is used) to a 3TB USB3.0 drive. It's the same drives I used with Acronis, so transfer speeds shouldn't be the issue here.

I do not have compression turned on. I am using volume shadow copy. Everything is default settings from the install.

I have two more drives to backup (500gb, and 1.34tb) and if 95gb is taking 13 hours to get to approximately 75% complete, I feel like there's something wrong. Is there anything I should be doing, or data I can provide to get some help?

The log for the currently running backup is https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-5n ... sp=sharing but most of it is just telling me it's skipping reparse points

Thanks!
cobian
Site Admin

Re: 95GB backup taking over 13 hours?

Post by cobian »

13 hours seems a little bit extreme yes. Besides the fact that you are copying system files and programs which may not work in case you need to restore them, the only problem I see is related which permissions and reparsing points.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator