Data wont be backupt again after deleting on destination

Questions about Cobian Reflector
4a696d

Data wont be backupt again after deleting on destination

Post by 4a696d »

So I was busy testen the beta version of the backup software when i noticed the following.

If a full backup has been completed, and you delete the data on the destination, then start a manually backup by using the option "Run selected tasks".
The deleted data on the destination wont be re-add even not on schedule, the only way have found to re-add the missing data on the destination is to run a full backup job again.

(Keep in mind the file on the source is still available.)
But when their is new data added to the same folder, it only copies the new data to the destination but doesn't notice that the destination has missing data.

I also tried to change the destination from SFTP to FTP, but that gave the same result.

I am running version 0.9.35-beta.

(I also noticed that 'Cobian Backup 11' does the exact same thing.)
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Data wont be backupt again after deleting on destination

Post by cobian »

I guess the task is incremental or differential? Or separated backups? If so, that's the expected behavior if running with file attributes.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
4a696d

Post by 4a696d »

Ah okay. Yes the task is incremental, but does a full backup after X times.

Well if you say it's expected behavior then in that cas, you can ignore this post.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

If the incremental task is empty, it won't be saved as default, thus, the planed full backup will never be executed.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
ira

Post by ira »

Or "attrib -A *.*" in the folders in the backup. That's what incremental looks for and until you touch the files again, they will be considered backed up. Unless Reflector has a compare with last back feature which I don't think it has. Or just force a full backup.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

If you want the data to be re-created, you need uncheck "Use archive attributes". Then the program will check for the existence of the file on the destination and create it as needed.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator