Incremental backup doing a full backup

Questions about Cobian Reflector
tifosi256

Re: Incremental backup doing a full backup

Post by tifosi256 »

OK, great, I've deleted all backups, flipped the switch and done my first Full backup. Will wait a day or so for some files to change and try and incremental. I'll report back
tifosi256

Post by tifosi256 »

OK, so ran a new incremental (rather than waiting for the schedule) and it's WAY better than before. Any locations outside of my Windows User folder was 0 bytes as I'd expect.

However, there are some files that made it through on my user folder for the incremental which haven't changed. Most I can live with (the odd config file or something), but the issue I have is that it seems to have pretty much copied the whole of my "Pictures" folder (all 135GB of it) despite there being no actual changes.

Any ideas for things to look for? I checked one at random and the file had the "File is ready for archiving flag" still set, despite the clear flag option being set this time
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

The log is your friend (with individual log operations), but I would see if the files archive attribute is being cleared or not. Often this is the case if the user has reading permissions but not writing permissions to the files.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
tifosi256

Post by tifosi256 »

Thanks for the pointer. I've looked at a random file that was copied, and it showed the user who runs Cobian as having Full Control (as well as admins and SYSTEM)

Looking at the log (I'm assuming the one in the main Cobian UI?), there was nothing flagged about those files, it seemed quite a brief log. I'll run another backup on Monday (it's scheduled for them), but if there's any ideas or things to keep an eye out for on Monday, please let me know
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

The settings must be set to log INDIVIDUAL file operations. And setting the log level to VERBOSE will help also.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
tifosi256

Post by tifosi256 »

Put the debug right up, but I'm pleased to say that on running this time, it didn't repeat all the photos. I'm guessing maybe some permissions changed or something, but it's all good now :D
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

8-)
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator