Wrong name in files/directory list

Questions about Cobian Reflector
dreamx

Re: Wrong name in files/directory list

Post by dreamx »

It get even more weird: first I have suspected that it has something to do with the file extension or lack there of but that proved to be a dead end.
So... new test protocol with somewhat controlled content: four random 1MB data files TESTFILE, testfile.ext, testfile.long_ext, testfile_long_name.long_ext
The task creates a monolithic archive without error.

However, adding the config file from my freebsd/.git repository generates the same error as before:
2021-10-31 18:01:37 Adding the directory "E:\Test\reflector" to the archive...
ERR 2021-10-31 18:01:37 An error occurred while creating the monolithic archive: File "E:\Test\reflector\config\" not found
The weird part is that it is a normal textfile with <LF> breaks, no special characters, nothing different than any INI file that I use.

For the sake of my sanity I am linking a copy of the file that generates the error, maybe you can make some sense of this.
https://cloud.noreck.ro/index.php/s/LRCiQDWCzHJXPEP
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Yes, with YOUR file I'm getting the same error. Weird, if I change the name from config to, for example config1 then it's OK. It's seems like it's the name config that's causing something weird with the zip engine. I'll check this out later today.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

By the way... can you confirm that the error occurs ONLY when running bas a service? When running as an application it does work for me.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
dreamx

Post by dreamx »

I can confirm that behavior: when running as application all tasks containing .git/config files finish successfully, all files are archived as expected.

Running as service triggers the .git/config/ error (as well as that Thunderbird profile error where all this has started).
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Yes, I am debugging the Zip library and it seems to be a weird bug there. I will fix this and recompile it for the next version. I must say, the code of the library I'm using is... quite cringy. :shock:
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Fixed for the next version.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
dreamx