Remote manager in Reflector

Questions about Cobian Reflector
ramherfer

Remote manager in Reflector

Post by ramherfer »

I've been using cobian backup for a long time and I miss the remote administrator that allowed me to control the machines with cobian and remotely launch backups if they failed. Is this remote manager going to be implemented in the Reflector version?
Thanks.
All the best,
Ramiro
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Remote manager in Reflector

Post by cobian »

Could be... But the great majority of the users seem to use Remote Desktop instead so is not a priority right now.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
tetsu

Post by tetsu »

I asked the same before, for me is very useful too, because when someone doesn't leave theire PC on (I have them controlled when the backup ends the PC shutdowns) and I run it as manual.
I can't use a Remote Desktop because the user is using theire PCs, for this reason I see the Remote Manager useful.
Regards.

-------------------

Le pregunté lo mismo antes, para mí también es muy útil, porque cuando alguien no deja su PC encendida (las tengo controlados cuando la copia de seguridad finalice, la PC se apague) y lo ejecuto como manual.
No puedo usar un escritorio remoto porque el usuario está usando sus PC, por esta razón veo el Remote Manager útil.
Saludos.
ramherfer

Post by ramherfer »

Many companies that provide security services, I am convinced that they will see this section of cobian backup as a control panel for customers and their essential backups to control what may happen on remote machines. It seems to me an indispensable utility and unfortunately I will not be able to migrate to Reflector as long as I do not have the remote administrator. The same will happen to many of us. With a single port opening, all machines controlled. This is great and a must have for us. Softwares such as MSP use this utility from a web panel to control clients' copies remotely.
Thanks.
Ramiro
Last edited by ramherfer on 07 Nov 2021, 07:33, edited 1 time in total.