User interface anomaly??

Questions about Cobian Reflector
ira

User interface anomaly??

Post by ira »

on the left side of the screen is a list of tasks. Somehow I keep expecting that clicking on the headings will cause the list to re-sort like most boxes like that do automatically in Windows. then I clicked on the Rearrange the Jobs button and made a few changes and when I closed it saving those changes, Reflector deemed it necessary to recalculate the sizes of all the backups. But since I'd don't nothing that would have changed the sizes, it seemed like a completely unnecessary effort and since I'd made no changes that could have affected the backup sizes and as it causes the interface to slow down, it's mildly annoying. Not the end of the world annoying, but non the less, completely pointless.

Ira
cobian
Site Admin

Re: User interface anomaly??

Post by cobian »

The problem with size calculation is not new. It's the same behavior that the old program had. I am making some changes so the sizes are not calculated every if there is no need to.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
ADQuesto

Post by ADQuesto »

Thanks Luis for that, saving lots of time.

Would it be possible as well to reinstall the "clicking on columnhead" as to sorting the tasks?
Either on name or on backupsize?

thanks

AD
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

I'll see what can be done. 8-)
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

By the way... did you know that the tooltip of this text should show the full file name?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
gvd

Post by gvd »

Hello Luis,

One more "user interface anomaly" concerning the tasks list !

When you double click on the vertical line between "Task name" and "Size" in the header section of the tasks list, the column on the left of the vertical line quite normally "autosizes".

Additionally (NOT quite normally), it opens the properties of the selected task.

Best regards,

Gabriel
Gabriel
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

The interface uses Windows Presentation Foundation so all controls are quite non-normal. These are not Windows Common Controls, which is a pain.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator