I'm not sure if this an eror or not ... but here's what happened ...

Questions about Cobian Reflector
StellaMan

I'm not sure if this an eror or not ... but here's what happened ...

Post by StellaMan »

I installed and ran CR ... it worked absolutely fine, on time, and changed my Incremental Backups to Full as it was the first time ... fully understandable.

I thought the BUs were pretty big, they were for my User Folder, so realised that I should really be a bit more selective and not include Downloads or the hidden AppData, so I deleted them and redefined the BU tasks to be more selective, I.E. Downloads, Pictures, Music individually ... but when I reran the Backup, it didn't recreate Full backups as a starting point, they were all Incrementals !!!

I've uninstalled and re-installed to try again ... will try to remember to report back tomorrow !!!
cobian
Site Admin

Re: I'm not sure if this an eror or not ... but here's what happened ...

Post by cobian »

You need to delete the full backup from the history in order to reset the task.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
StellaMan

Post by StellaMan »

Hi Luis, thanks for replying, I thought I had deleted it, but I'd had a few beers so maybe I didn't, anyway, it's all re-installed now and set to backup at midday (UK time), so I'll give you some feedback in an hour or so ...

EDIT: OK, this all looks to have worked just fine, a problem of my own making yesterday I guess !!

As an extra, while I'm here, I am not using any compression, so when it comes to having to do any recoveries, is it purely a matter of copying the data back using Explorer ?
Last edited by StellaMan on 12 Nov 2021, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Yes, it's pretty much that.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator