Implement masks by file type groups

Questions about Cobian Reflector
sysprofile

Implement masks by file type groups

Post by sysprofile »

Sorry for my English, I'm using software for translation.

I have the need to filter by file types, that the backup does not take into account.

For example, I do NOT want you to back up the *.mp3, for this, I use the mask. The audio file type is not only mp3, we have for example *.aac. To be able to add all the types I must load in the mask one by one, if I have more than one backup on different computers I must repeat this task.

My intention is that the mask be allowed to be loaded by file type, in this case, Music. This should contain *.mp3, *.wav, *.aac and so on. It would be optimal to have the default file type preloaded with the installation and to be able to modify it to add un foreseen types.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Implement masks by file type groups

Post by cobian »

Yes, I will be adding a coma separated option for file masks.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
bmview

Post by bmview »

I join the request! I have ~ 100 tasks, and in order to add a new file type for exclusion, I have to go to each task and add it. It would be nice to have a global list of exceptions, one for all jobs.
.. or make editable groups of types as described above.

And thanks for the great program!
Sorry for my bad english.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

You don't need to add it to all tasks that if you select Load full task in Options/functionality
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
gvd

Post by gvd »

Hello Luis,
cobian wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 13:12 You don't need to add it to all tasks that if you select Load full task in Options/functionality
Indeed, but this will only work to copy file types to new tasks. It will not work for file types created afterward where bmview will have to go thru all tasks to add the new file type.

Imagine Microsoft adds to every folder of the upcoming Windows 11 a file called "garbage.w11". No one will want to backup those files.
And bmview will have to go thru all tasks to add "garbage.w11" to his list of exclusions.

I fully understand this would be much more complicated than having somewhere a list where one can add "garbage.w11" to some parameter (let's say "%list1") that appears in the exclusion list.

This would be interesting for other things. Example : you would be able to setup a task that backups all images from disk C: by simply stating "%images" in the list of inclusions and having all image file types in a list called "%image" located somewhere else.

Maybe for Reflector v2 or v3 ...

Best regards,

Gabriel
Gabriel
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Yes I know this solution is just a quick patch.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Fixed a REAL implementation for the next version.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator