misleading non-backup

Questions about Cobian Reflector
BernardIE5317

misleading non-backup

Post by BernardIE5317 »

Greetings The attached image demonstrates Reflector created thousands to be precise 3,495 Folders of empty directories but only backed up 6 Files What sense does that make Why create a a directory if nothing is placed in it If I were to examine the backup target searching for a file I would be mislead into believing it may have been backed up if its' containing directory was created and so waste my time and effort clicking around only to find it empty Plus of course such empty directories are a waste of storage and screen space - Cheerio
Attachments
misleading non-backup.png
misleading non-backup.png (19.15 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
"Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence." - Ovid, Roman poet
Personal Web Page https://mypaltrythoughts.blogspot.com/
cobian
Site Admin

Re: misleading non-backup

Post by cobian »

You have chosen to keep those empty directories. Just change your task to ignore them.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
BernardIE5317

Post by BernardIE5317 »

Thank you for your reply However I do not know how I have chosen to keep those empty directories They are nested directories of the main directory I wish to backup and contain the files I wish to backup I should have mentioned this is an incremental backup and so the files are up to date In such cases I expect the containing directory not to be created An option for this would be most convenient Of course as they contain the files I wish to backup I can not change the task to ignore them Kindly advise Thank You
"Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence." - Ovid, Roman poet
Personal Web Page https://mypaltrythoughts.blogspot.com/
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

You have chosen not to select Task-Advanced-ignore empty directories
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator