Problem with installation

Questions about Cobian Reflector
GerH

Problem with installation

Post by GerH »

I installed Cobian Reflector 0.9.50-BETA without problems as well as 0.9.55-BETA. When I tried to update to 0.9.56-BETA, the installation wasn't succesfull. Ia saw a message (in Dutch) "Setup program for Coban Reflector werkt niet meer, even geduld. Het probleem wordt gerapporteerd bij Microsoft" and the next message "Setup program for Cobian reflector werkt niet meer, Er is een probleem opgetreden waardoor het programma niet goed meer wekt. Het programma wordt gesloten en er wordt een melding weergegeven als een oplossing beschikbaar is".
I removed the 0.9.55-BETA version and restarted my computer. However, the same problem is there. At this moment Installation of all three versions is impossible.

I have a HP desktop, processor AMD A4-5300B APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.40 GHz, 8 GB RAM
I use Windows 10 Pro, version 21H1, Build 19043.1348
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Problem with installation

Post by cobian »

I think the uninstallation of the old version failed so

1- Check if the service is running (On the control panel). if it's running stop it
2- Same with the VSC service. If it's running, stop it
3) Go to the registry and find the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CobianSoft\Cobian Reflector

4) Delete the key with all the content

5) Retry the installation
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
GerH

Post by GerH »

When I chose the Dutch language during the installation, the installation stopped with the same message as I sent before. Installation with the English language succeeded.
Later, when I chose the Dutch language in the user interface, the next message appeared in the log-file: ERR 2021-11-30 21:15:18 An error has occurred in the pipe connection: The string is not a valid key/value pair!.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Aha... Bad translation. Thank you. I'll delete it intermediately.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
GerH

Post by GerH »

Thanks for your help!