Extremely Sluggish Performance

Questions about Cobian Reflector
iTeks

Extremely Sluggish Performance

Post by iTeks »

I've tried updating to v0.9.60 BETA and still experiencing extremely sluggish performance when merely updating a backup task. It seems that Reflector keeps trying to recalculate the drive space on each of my 10 or so backup tasks after merely adding a file in the do not copy filters.
I've been trying to update a backup task and it's taking about 5-10 minutes for Reflector to become responsive after clicking the Save button. Could there be something missing in my setup or a corrupt Reflector file?
I can't move a task from one group to another group without it hanging for 10 minutes before I can continue.

I'm running an Asus ROG Strix TRX40-e motherboard with Ryzen 3970X (32 core) and 64 GB RAM so it's not a system bottleneck.

Anyone else having this issue?
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Extremely Sluggish Performance

Post by cobian »

Yes, it will re-calculate only that task. But if you have so many small files, I would disable this calculation. What do you need it for?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
iTeks

Post by iTeks »

Actually I don't need it to recalc each backup profile - will try to find and disable that function.
Also when I try changing the profile name and click Save, it still shows the profile with the old name unless I move between All Groups and the backup group I'm working on.

I disabled the file / folder recalc function.
What else can I do to increase the performance of Reflector when adding / cloning tasks and updating the task name and filters so it doesn't hang so long?

Often when I clone a task and then update it with a proper name and select the filters and folders, I click the Save button and wait about 2-3 minutes while it processes my changes but the changes don't show up in the task list even after switching between all tasks and the task group I'm working on.

Just now I cloned a task and updated the cloned task to reflect backup of my F: drive. After saving the task , switching between All Tasks and Data BackUp to NAS task, it didn't save the changes at all. Instead it still shows the cloned task from my drive E backup.

Something seriously wrong from my point of view.
Last edited by iTeks on 03 Dec 2021, 20:49, edited 4 times in total.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

The only thing you need to disable is Options-Visuals-Show sizes in the task list.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
iTeks

Post by iTeks »

I've disabled the function

yet now when I create a new task, it hangs for a while at first however it won't save the new task, even after I do a database repair it's still missing the new task.

I found Cobian BackUp to be much more responsive than Reflector
is there a windows module that may not be implemented????
Last edited by iTeks on 03 Dec 2021, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

The task is sent to the engine and then sent back for display. It all should happen in under 0.8 seconds... Something is not quite right I think.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
iTeks

Post by iTeks »

I agree

the only way I can add a new task is to create a new task (cloning will create a cloned task which I can edit but it will not save the changes). EVen after saving the task, I need to optimize the database otherwise it won't save the task

any idea what's going on here??? I never had these issues with Cobian BackUp.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

The old version created the task on the interface. Here , all the work is done by the engine.

What kind of Antivirus are your using?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
iTeks

Post by iTeks »

I use TrendMicro antivirus which has given no issues whatsoever
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »