Directory mirroring function in Cob. Reflector 0.9.72 BETA?

Questions about Cobian Reflector
PepeOnAChair

Directory mirroring function in Cob. Reflector 0.9.72 BETA?

Post by PepeOnAChair »

Hello,
I was used to use Cobian as a backup program. And also I used the funkction Mirroring of one directory to the other.

I`m using Con. Reflector 0.9.72 BETA, right now.

I'm using Mirroring for synchronization common data from our central NAS to +- 10 laptops. So I can be sure that those data will be always up to date on those portable laptops. The source directory on NAS is read-only for users using the notebook. So yes, I`m one task of Cobian Ferlector is used for downloading the data to the notebooks and other tasks are used as backup tasks.

The issue I`m experiencing with mirroring:
- Everytime I run the "mirroring task", all data are downloaded from NAS to laptops again and again even if they did not change. So no differential copying happens even if I have it set up as differential backup.
- I have compression turned off

Is it possible to have miroring function to be clever enough, that it would not copy/backup/download/whatever the files, which are already copied in the notebook? Comparision of the file versions should be fine just by date/time of creation of the file and by its name for my purpose.

What would be a correct setting for the mirroring task, please?
Thank you a lot.
Pep.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Directory mirroring function in Cob. Reflector 0.9.72 BETA?

Post by cobian »

The mirror function should work the same way than it did in the old program, BUT you can't use the archive attribute method here I gess because almost all NAS systems are Linux based.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
PepeOnAChair

Post by PepeOnAChair »

Thank you for the tip. You are right.
Unchecking the option "General - Use archive attributes" (or how is it correctly written in english translation, which I don`t use) solved the problem. Mirroring is really incremental now.(ver. 0.9.93).
Pep.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

:OK
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator