Super slow

Questions about Cobian Reflector
BAleiHi

Super slow

Post by BAleiHi »

The interface to all things in Cobian Reflector runs super slowly on my machine (HP Pavilion with AMD A10-5700, 12GB RAM, 64 bit, Windows 10 Pro). The wait time between a click and response is multiples seconds! Any thoughts? Cobian Backup was performing just fine before I "upgraded" to Reflector beta a couple weeks ago.
Thanks.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Super slow

Post by cobian »

Version? Sounds like some problem from 0.9.50 or so...

Btw, a beta version is never an upgrade. ;)
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
BAleiHi

Post by BAleiHi »

Thank you,
I have been using 0.9.75, just now installing 0.9.78. (Thanks for the clarification on the beta thing) Things continue to be very slow. A specific example: when I double click on a task to edit it, the window takes maybe 1/2 a second to open. Then I edit the name of the task and close the window. Again, about 1/2 a second to close. While those are noticeable lags, I wouldn't bother writing you for that. The thing is I waited a a minute and 30 seconds and the name of the task still hadn't updated. In fact, it just now updated! After I had written this entire message (I'm a crappy typist - at least 3 minutes!).

Is there something that it's checking? Everything is exceptionally sluggish. Should I go back to Cobian Backup? I'd be happy to troubleshoot more if there's some way to identify what's going on. In Task Manager all I see is Cobian Reflector flipping in and out of high power consumption....

I appreciate your help...
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

How many tasks do you have on your list?

Which process is consuming CPU?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
BAleiHi

Post by BAleiHi »

It starts out with the Cobian reflector Service taking like 27% of the CPU for about half the time, then it changes to the Cobian Reflector User Interface (at 28%). I should point out that when I did the last install (0.9.75) I had to stop the service and restart it - the install didn't appear to deal with the service automatically. Maybe I should fully uninstall, including the service, before I reinstall 0.9.78??
BAleiHi

Post by BAleiHi »

Oh, and 5 tasks in my list, 4 of them are disabled.
martinh22

Post by martinh22 »

your system's okay? Are your other apps crashing? Sometimes it's nice to clean the system "re-install" ? or try a system restore point when it didn't
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Do you have a LOT of small files in your tasks? If so, uncheck Visuals-Show sizes in the task list and Engine- Calculate progress exactly
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator