There seems to be an error in running incremental tasks for same directories several times

Questions about Cobian Reflector
jeremyf

There seems to be an error in running incremental tasks for same directories several times

Post by jeremyf »

The situation is as the following

I am trying to do several incremental tasks of 'folder A', meaning that I create 'Task 1', 'Task 2', 'Task3' which have 'folder A' as the source folder, and have different different destinations for each of these tasks(let us denote them as destination 1, 2, and 3 respectively).

Now, the first backup would be a full backup for all of them. But the problem starts here. When I modify some file in 'folder A'(let us denote it as 'file A')and run incremental backup for all these tasks, cobian reflector only acknowledges the change of 'file A' in 'Task 1', but does not acknowledges in the latter two tasks, failing to backing up 'file A'.

So, the result is that the modified 'file A' is only backed up in task 1, but not backed up in task2 and 3. I believe that this seems to be an error that involves archive attributes. Can you look into it?
cobian
Site Admin

Re: There seems to be an error in running incremental tasks for same directories several times

Post by cobian »

You have 3 options: the best one is to just use ONE task with multiple destinations. Guaranteed to work.

The second one is to uncheck Clear archive attribute för the first 2 tasks but not för the third. Works if you can guarantee that he third task will always be the last one to run.

The 3rd option is not to use the archive attribute at all. Works only if you are not creating separated backups.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
gvd

Re: There seems to be an error in running incremental tasks for same directories several times

Post by gvd »

EDITED for a few missing words :-).

Second one will not work reliably if you create or modify files after the start of the first task and before the launch of the third task.
Files will be backuped in the third task and archive attribute will be erased resulting in files not being copied in task 1 and/or task 2.

K.I.S.S ! Take option 1 and enter multiple destinations.
Last edited by gvd on 07 Feb 2022, 05:20, edited 1 time in total.
Gabriel
jeremyf

Post by jeremyf »

Thanks for the replies. I tried the first method that you guys recommended, but this does not seem to solve the problem.

I have used one task that leads to multiple directories, but even in this case, the cobian reflector only acknowledges the modification of the source file in only one of the directories(which starts at first).

In my opinion, this does not seem to solve the problem as the cobian reflector acknowledges assigning multiple directories as respective backups(the backup part).

I attach the log file for the test of such below.
Attachments
log.png
log.png (100.5 KiB) Viewed 1340 times
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Yes, there is a problem here. Will be fixed for the next version.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator