Engine not found

Questions about Cobian Reflector
ira

Engine not found

Post by ira »

So I just upgraded to the 0.9.93 RC1 which seemed to install and work just fine. I was trying to test something so I quit the interface by right clicking and choosing Exit. When restarting it claims Engine not found. So I quit the interface again and tried to run the engine again, but it claims the engine is already running.

So I fired up Task manager and found the VSC requestor running and nothing else. Started the engine and it appeared using 15% processor and then after a while the user interface started running, but if I tried to start the user interface, the main application and the current user interface are closed and just the new user interface is left running. Or, that is how it seems.

Anyway, seems like a bug as it didn't use to work that way.

Ira
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Engine not found

Post by cobian »

You should never start the interface by itself.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
ira

Post by ira »

Then why does it exist on the start menu? In the old version, I guess, Backup, it complained but worked fine.

Ira
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Because sometimes you may want to start it manually in some rare cases (for example if any other user has started the interface on your computer then "your interface" will be closed (but not the engine).
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator