Network drive with distant login not working

Questions about Cobian Reflector
gandf

Network drive with distant login not working

Post by gandf »

Hello,

When I select a network drive (Z: => \\NAS\Home\ with custom login on nas), Cobian Reflector change "z:\" by "\\NAS\Home\".
When backup run, error "access denied" will throw.
Users on NAS are not same than users on PC.

Do you ever use the already saved network drives without trying to see where they go?
Network drive is not just shortcut to an address. Authentication can already be managed by network driver.

My use with Cobian Reflector : When I select folder, I can't enter credential. I save data on several folders (local and network) for each task.

Another question : Are you still working alone on this project?
Before it was in delphi and few people use it in addition to installing libraries issues. But if you work in dotnet, you will surely find more easily other developers or occasional help.

Anyway, your work is really great.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Network drive with distant login not working

Post by cobian »

Install the program as an application, not as a service.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
gandf

Post by gandf »

Thanks. One issue is solved.
But when I select a network drive (Z: => \\NAS\Home\ with custom login on nas), we can't register credential to access folder. I must have network folder registered to run backup and must use current user.

I think I need to be clearer in what I'm trying to do.
I don't want to add any communication protocol on NAS to decrease crypto attack surface. (And sync is much slower in FTP with this NAS).
Also, I would like not to have network drive directly linked to this folder on this PC with current user. To prevent crypto from encrypting all my backups.

Do you have a more perfect solution?
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Try logging in using the command line as an event. Dunno if impersonation will work here.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator