Menus all greyed out and no task showing - I think I crashed it.

Questions about Cobian Reflector
TerryB

Menus all greyed out and no task showing - I think I crashed it.

Post by TerryB »

Issue: Reflect opens but there is no task in the list and the menu items are all greyed out.
I'd previously created and run a back-up task, edited it an run it again successfully over the last day or two..
Context. I'd tried to start the programme from the .exe in Programme files, not realising that it was already running in the system tray. It said in a balloon that CR was already running and closed. So I selected CR's running icon. And CR opened with the window and menus, but they were greyed out and my saved task not showing. It's as if the second incidence's interface was the one that remained running, not the original one, but the programme running under it wasn't. If that makes sense. I was able to restart it easily enough by clicking the tray icon and choosing exit - then restarting CR from the .exe and then opening it correctly from the tray icon.
Win10 21H2 Ryzen 7 5700 with Radeon graphics >4tb storage mostly free. A mixture of HDDs and SSDs with several partitions on each
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Menus all greyed out and no task showing - I think I crashed it.

Post by cobian »

You shouldn't run another instance of the program when another is running. Close the interface and run the application again (not the interface).
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator