Can't tell if backup (Gravity) is working at all

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
tomcon

Can't tell if backup (Gravity) is working at all

Post by tomcon »

There was an error during install about unable to install the volume shadow copier. Is this fatal, or will Cobian work without it? After that message, the install still appeared to complete and i can launch the app. (Windows 10)

Launched Cobian about an hour ago. In the task manager the process shows at having some memory but 0 CPU.

An error message "Couldn't contact the volume shadow requester".

Then there is a message "Compressing to the archive xxx..."

After about a 45 minute gap, a message "Your program is up to date"
And then after another 20 minutes "The task full is already present on the queue".
That was about 15 minutes ago, so far no more sign of life, although i did catch the task manager showing 0.2% CPU for a quick moment.

The progress bars do not show any progress.

The destination disk file was created and it shows 0 bytes.

My question is, "is anything happening"? Should i just wait it out as per the message "Compressing to the archive xxx"?

Or is it not working and i need to kill and start over?

Thanks!
Paltus

Re: Can't tell if backup (Gravity) is working at all

Post by Paltus »

tomcon wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 01:12 There was an error during install about unable to install the volume shadow copier. Is this fatal, or will Cobian work without it? After that message, the install still appeared to complete and i can launch the app. (Windows 10)
Non-fatal. But it's better to reinstall the program, removing all traces of the previous installation. Good luck.
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Can't tell if backup (Gravity) is working at all

Post by cobian »

I guess the VSC failed to install because .NET 3.5 is not installed on your computer. You should install it first.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator