How to obtain an incremental backup towards two different destinations?

Questions about Cobian Backup
master

How to obtain an incremental backup towards two different destinations?

Post by master » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:33 pm

I’m trying to do two identical incremental backups towards to different hard drives, but it does not fully work.

I created the first task, then I copied it and I modified the destination in the second. So tasks are identical, the only difference being the two different backup destinations (E: and F:).
I usually plugin the first hard drive and begin the first backup task. When it is completed, I plugin the second Hard drive and begin the second task.

Unfortunately the second backup is not the same, as the majority of files are not backed up (in fact the first backup takes more time than the second).
Can you help please ? How can I fix this ?
Last edited by master on Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nemv9

Re: How to obtain an incremental backup towards two different destinations?

Post by Nemv9 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:08 pm

Unless you plug in both at the same time (and put both as destinations), I think you just duplicate (clone) the task and make one for E: and the second for F:

If the backup is to a compressed file (zip for 7z), you can just copy that incremental file from E: to F:

master

Post by master » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:19 pm

thank you for your answer
Nemv9 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:08 pm
Unless you plug in both at the same time (and put both as destinations), I think you just duplicate (clone) the task and make one for E: and the second for F:
This is what I've done, I copied the first task and then I just modified the destination in the second one.
But the backups are different (as I wrote in the first post)
If the backup is to a compressed file (zip for 7z), you can just copy that incremental file from E: to F:
I thought about this solution, but is not possible because I prefer an automatic solution

cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:36 pm

If you are after having two identical copies, why don't you add two destinations to your task?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator and Developer
https://www.cobiansoft.com

master

Post by master » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:36 pm

cobian wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:36 pm
If you are after having two identical copies, why don't you add two destinations to your task?
I thought that using 2 different tasks could be the best choice if sometimes I don't make 2 backups contemporarly

but if it could fix my problem, I can modify settings.