Files not updated

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
syen04

Files not updated

Post by syen04 »

Some revised files (e.g., Excel files that are revised and saved under the same file name with revised contents) are not updated to the newer version on the destination folder. I explored this and found this happened only in some but not all destinations. Under Advanced settings I ticked Mirror task and Ckearvarchive attributes. I love Cobian and very much like to have this resolved. Help appreciated. Thank you!!
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Files not updated

Post by cobian »

Mirror tasks can introduce a lot of strange small problems.. Now I don't think that this issue is caused by the mirror task...

Is the the task created as Incremental? Are you using the archive attributes method? Are you creating separated backups or overwriting old files at the destination?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
syen04

Post by syen04 »

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I click "Incremental" under backup type.
I am not creating separate backup using ti,estamps
I am using the attributes logic.
That's what I do with some of my other destinations which do not have the same problem. So I don't see why this happens only with this destimation.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Sorry.. I'm lost here. It should work as long as the files are located on a "native" NTFS disk and not, for example a NAS with EXT4 formatted disk...
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator