Repeating back-ups

Questions about Cobian Reflector
PeterV0

Repeating back-ups

Post by PeterV0 »

I recently installed Reflector on my windows 11 machine.
I am running 5 set of back-ups, all configured the same,except for the starting time, they all have their own time to start.
The first run, everything went OK, but after that, 3 of the 5 start then at a fixed time (e.g. the start time for the back-up "music" is 18.35 hr and after is has been done, is starts every hour at 10 minutes past the hour , 20.10 then 21.10, 22.10 and so on)
This happens to the two other repeating back-ups as well, they start at ten minutes after the hour, every hour.
So only two work correct, once a day.

All the settings for the 5 sets of back-up are the same.
I removed Reflector complete, with all the data files, so there was no part left, rebooted windows and installed Reflector again with new back-up sets, but the problem returned.
I can not make any connections to the time the repeating back-up start, but that time is every hour (and every day) the same.

Has anyone a clue what is going wrong ?
cobian
Site Admin

Re: Repeating back-ups

Post by cobian »

Perhaps some task is being run when the time for the second task have come? The tasks are executed sequentially and not in parallel.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
PeterV0

Post by PeterV0 »

Thank you for the response, but no, I separated them with enough time, so they do not bother each other.
Meanwhile I discoverd what the "start-time" causes, that is the start of Reflector it self.
When I close it (or the PC) and start it later, the time the program starts triggers somehow the three sets to start each hour there after.
Why the two others don't do this is the question, I cross checked all the settings, but they all 5 completely the same.

I removed one of the roque sets, closed everything, started it up again and made a new set to replace it, but even that did not help.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

This is true in case of a timer schedule. When a timer is used then yes, the start is the start of the program.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
PeterV0

Post by PeterV0 »

I understand, especially if a set is missed, but in my case, it repeats every hour and my PC does not shut down every hour.
E.G. this morning I started my PC at 09.13.
The official backups time is from 17.15 hour (the first one) untill 18.35 hour (the 5th one).
3 of the 5 sets made a backup, although there was no change in the data since yesterday and I did not miss one yesterday.
Then, they did the same at 10.13, 11.13 and if nothing changes it will happen at 12.13 hour again.

For the moment I have set the interval at "Manual" so my backup medium is not filled with hourly empty folders.
Last edited by PeterV0 on 26 Nov 2022, 16:50, edited 3 times in total.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

The task will ALWAYS be executed even if there is nothing to backup. That's the way it works. A task cannot be skipped. If you don't want any empty folders, just uncheck that option.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
PeterV0

Post by PeterV0 »

I think I am still not clear what happens.
I start my PC (and so does Reflector).
The backup set are made correctly at their own and right time.
They are set as once a day.
The problem is that they not run once a day, but after starting and running OK the first time, they run every hour after their first run, instead of stopping for that day.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Could you post your list here to analyze the schedule of the tasks?
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
PeterV0

Post by PeterV0 »

I added the lists as a RAR file
Attachments
All Lists.rar
(4.81 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
PeterV0

Post by PeterV0 »

For the moment, the problems seems to be gone.
What I did was setting all the 5 back-ups to run manualy and then after this went OK, I changed each day one set to the time I wanted it to run.
After five days, all the back-up sets run as they should, on the time I want.