"Some errors where found while calculating the size of the safe mirror folder or the size of the volume."

Questions about Cobian Reflector
NthgToFear

"Some errors where found while calculating the size of the safe mirror folder or the size of the volume."

Post by NthgToFear »

Hey all,

I'm running Reflector version 2.3.10 and running into the following error...

"ERR 2023-03-28 09:24:00 Some errors where found while calculating the size of the safe mirror folder or the size of the volume. Number of errors: 1"

It was working just fine for a few weeks but now this pops up with every backup.

My instance has 5 jobs, 3 of which are mirrors. 2 of those mirror jobs are just Cobian pulling remote files to local storage and then triggering a second job where it actually compresses them and sends the archive off to a NAS. The 3rd mirror job is just a straight mirror. Oddly enough, in spite of the error, the 3rd job's files actually make it to the safe mirror drive. The first two don't anymore.

The safe mirror folder is on the M: drive of the machine. It's just a QNAP TR-004U USB enclosure with 40-ish TB of space. Cobian is running as a service with a user that has full admin over the machine and has full access to that USB drive.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
cobian
Site Admin

Re: "Some errors where found while calculating the size of the safe mirror folder or the size of the volume."

Post by cobian »

Never tested having a safe directory on a NAS... but it shouldn't matter anyway. Need to test this.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
NthgToFear

Re: "Some errors where found while calculating the size of the safe mirror folder or the size of the volume."

Post by NthgToFear »

It's not actually a NAS. It's just a 4-bay hard drive enclosure I have setup in RAID 5 that connects to the host via USB. As far as Windows can tell, it's just a big external hard drive.

https://www.qnap.com/en-us/product/tr-004u
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Aha, no idea then sorry. The program is just calculating the size of the directory. Unless there is a permissions problem then no idea.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
NthgToFear

Post by NthgToFear »

Yeah, I was thinking permissions too. But the user I'm logged in as, which is also what the Cobian service runs as, are part of the local admins group which has full access to the drive. Even tried adding that specific user to the drive with the same results.

I was also mistaken about the one backup still using the drive for the mirror. None of the mirror jobs are sending files to that drive.

Oh well. I'll mess with it and see if I can kick it into the gear. Appreciate the consideration.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

But being and administrator doesn't mean automatically access to everything (unless you are on Linux or Unix).
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
NthgToFear

Post by NthgToFear »

This is true.

What I meant was that the local admins group has full access to that drive and my user is a member of that local admins group.

I disconnected that USB QNAP and attached it to the QNAP NAS I'm backing up to. Who knows, maybe it doesn't like something about the USB connection.
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

:OK
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator