back up lost

Questions about Cobian Backup 11 (Gravity)
contenitore21bis

back up lost

Post by contenitore21bis »

I had created some tasks that were correctly rerun when turned on if, at the scheduled time, the PC was turned off. Now for other reasons I have deleted and recreated them, but if the pc is off, they are not re-run, despite the flag on "back up lost" in the engine options: do you have any suggestions to understand where the catch is? Thanks
cobian
Site Admin

Re: back up lost

Post by cobian »

* The lost backups are run only when the engine is started. If the computer is asleep (and not shut down) they won't run. Also at least one early backup mus exist for those tasks.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
contenitore21bis

Post by contenitore21bis »

I try to explain better. The previous backups were re-performed at power on if the PC was off at the time of their planning. Now in these that I created, if the pc is turned off at the time of scheduling, they don't run when I turn on the pc. In the engine options I flagged "Rerun lost backups": is there any other option to activate? Thanks
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

Nope.. Nothing else. Should work (if the task are of type Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Yearly and don't use ordinary days like, first day of week, second tuesday, etc).
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator
contenitore21

Post by contenitore21 »

cobian wrote: 30 Sep 2021, 18:22 Nope.. Nothing else. Should work (if the task are of type Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Yearly and don't use ordinary days like, first day of week, second tuesday, etc).
And they don't work :(
maybe because is this the first backup for all tasks? they are weekly at 13.00pm and at this time pc is off

p.s. you can delete "contenitore21bis"
cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian »

The first backup must already exist yes.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator