Schedule not being respected

Questions about Cobian Backup
Chipset

Schedule not being respected

Post by Chipset » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:56 pm

Hello,

I recently updated my Windows 10 to version "1803 2019-07C" and since then my backup tasks haven't been happening as expected (I believe, I'm not really sure when the problem started, but it seems to have started after the update).

I noticed when seeing log files the following message: "The task "002-03-Firebird" is already present on the queue. Ignoring it..."
This message also appeared when I tried executing the tasks manually.
I saw another post on this forum suggesting to clear the Queue Manager. It allowed me to execute the tasks manually.

But some backup tasks aren't being executed and apparently sometimes some tasks get stuck on the queue again.

Does anybody know if the update is somehow related or if I need to verify something else.

The service runs as Administrador. I also recently added another backup task that executes a bat file and waits for it to continue.

The update also caused a problem on my Virtual Machine running on Hyper-V, because of bridged network. So I added another network card to this computer (I don't if another network card could cause any impact here).

cobian
Site Admin

Re: Schedule not being respected

Post by cobian » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:58 pm

When a task is executed it is placed on a queue. If another task is already running before it, the new task will stay on queue until the current one gets executed. If the current tasks takes a loooong time, it is possible that the queue gets saturated until the current task ends. I don't know of any other cause for this issue,.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator and Developer
https://www.cobiansoft.com

Chipset

Post by Chipset » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:25 pm

Thanks for your help. This led me to the solution.

This was the problem: "I also recently added another backup task that executes a bat file and waits for it to continue.".

I analyzed the logs and I realized this last task wasn't finishing its execution, the problem is related to the bat file. After disabling this tasks the program came back to normal.

Thanks again.

cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:01 pm

8-)
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator and Developer
https://www.cobiansoft.com