Hidden user interface

Questions about Cobian Backup
RogerPaul38

Hidden user interface

Post by RogerPaul38 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:02 pm

I installed Cobian Backup a few days ago and used it to make a backup on my network drive.

The User Interface icon is installed on my task bar (Windows 10). From all appearances, the User Interface is "running", The task manager shows the Interface, Service and VSC Requester are all active. If I click the icon the task bar, it replies "closing other instances of the user interface, wait ..." but the interface never appears. Without it I cannot restore a file or do another backup. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled Cobian Backup but I get the same results.

How can I see the User Interface forward so that I can use the program?

Thank you for your help, RogerPaul38

cobian
Site Admin

Re: Hidden user interface

Post by cobian » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:47 pm

Hello!

You are doing everything right. Double-clicking the UI icon should bring the interface up. For some reason., it seems like the interface is already running on some other desktop (are you running on terminal services?).

Anyway, bring the task manager up and kill any instance of cbInterface.exe that you see there.

Then you can start Cobian Backup Interface from the start menu (or run cbInterface.exe).

If the interface is now correctly shown,try fixing the Autostart option from the Tool-Options menu.
--
Luis Cobian
Cobian Backup's creator and Developer
https://www.cobiansoft.com

RogerPaul38

Post by RogerPaul38 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:28 am

I do not find cbInterface.exe in task manager. The only relevent items I find are:
Cobian Backup 11 Gravity - Service (32 bit) and
Cobian Backup Gravity VSC Requester
What else can I do?

cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:50 pm

I asume that the task manager is showing the process for ALL users (and not only for you). if that's the case, I'm lost.
--
Luis Cobian

RogerPaul38

Post by RogerPaul38 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:00 am

First, to answer an earlier question, I am not running on terminal services.

And, yes, since I am the only user of this machine, task manager should be showing the process for all users. Why should I not find cbInterface.exe in task manager? When I try to start the program says the interface is already running and to wait while it ends the interface before restarting it? something isn't making sense!

Roger

cobian
Site Admin

Post by cobian » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:23 am

That you are the only human user physical user on your computer doesn’t mean that you are the only user. Windows installs at least 4 or more accounts to my knowledge ( local administrator, local system, network user, and a lote more). Thats why, if you are looking at the task manager, be sure you press the button “Show processes for all users’ if that’s available.

Just to be sure: when you say that you click the icon on the task bar, you mean the TRAY place (or notification space) I hope. The interface is started from the tray, not from the task bar.
--
Luis Cobian